Posted: March 22, 2016
$1,000.00 Scholarship - due April 22, 2016
Credit Counselling Services of Atlantic Canada, Inc. (CCSAC) is holding a scholarship competition open to residents of Atlantic Canada (regardless of age) who will be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program for the 2016-2017 academic year. Applications are accepted in both French and English.
1. The applicant must intend to enroll in an accredited institution for the 2016-2017 academic years. The winning essay applicants will be required to provide proof of acceptance and enrollment.
2. The essay must be the applicant’s original work and be no more than 500 words in length.
3. Submissions must be typewritten or computer-generated on white paper with double spacing. They must have at least 1" margins all around, and use 12 pt. font.
4. The applicant’s name, address, location or other identifying information MUST NOT be included in the essay. Identifying information should only appear on the application entry form.
5. Identifying information on those who are interviewed MUST NOT be included in the essay. In the essay include the title of the person you spoke to (i.e. your dad, your banker) and the area of advice that they gave you. In the essay do not include their name and do not include information that will indicate geographic region (i.e. instead of principal of Sackville High, just state principal). Identifying information must only appear on the application entry form.
6. Materials must be postmarked, regular delivery, no later than April 22, 2016. Mail received after the deadline may not be accepted.
7. Do not contact the judges concerning this competition. Blind judging will be done on regional levels. Do not contact the scholarship chairperson beyond asking for clarification of the rules. Such contact may disqualify you from the competition.
8. Previous recipients of the CCSAC Scholarship, employees and board members of CCSAC and their families are not eligible for this contest.