Posted: March 16, 2018
Through the generosity of Ronald V. Joyce, the University of New Brunswick has established The Joyce Foundation Access Bursaries. The Joyce Foundation is proud to annually fund high school entrance bursaries valued at $20,000 ($5,000 renewable per year for up to 4 years). This support will assist young Atlantic Canadians (preference to New Brunswick residents) achieve their academic goals.
As someone who works very closely with students, we are seeking your recommendations for students (one per campus) at your school who would be ideal candidates for the Joyce Bursary. Following is the bursary criteria:
• Bursaries will be awarded based on financial need and personal circumstances;
• Students must be enrolled in a full-time (4 courses or 12 credit hours in each term) undergraduate program of study at UNB;
• Renewal is based on maintaining good academic standing (minimum assessment year GPA of 2.0);
• Recipient must commit to work with at least one mentor in an extracurricular activity throughout their program of study;
• Bursaries awarded are to be applied against tuition and ancillary fees.
I have attached the bursary application. Please have the student you are recommending complete the form. For those students attending UNB Saint John, please return the form to my attention, Renea Leskie. For UNB Fredericton students, please forward to Shelley Clayton or Kelly Waugh. All contact information can be found at the bottom of the application.
The deadline for submission is 4pm, Friday, April 6, 2018.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Have a great day,
Renea D. Leskie
Manager • Student Services
Financial Aid & Student Employment
T 506 648-5765 F 506 648-5816