Posted: March 29, 2016
To Kill a Mockingbird: Read chapters 2 and 3 and complete the following questions.
- Describe Scout’s character.
- Describe the Cunninghams.
- Why does Walter pour syrup on everything and why does Atticus get angry at Scout for noticing?
- Describe the Ewells.
- Contrast the Cunninghams and the Ewells.
- What sort of man is Atticus Finch?
- What impression do we get of school from this novel? What does Scout’s unpleasant first day tell us about Maycomb’s social order? What can we infer about the author’s attitudes towards children and education?