Posted: March 31, 2016
Posted: March 29, 2016
To promote the importance of entrepreneurial thinking, and recognize achievements in business-related studies. The ideal applicant would have a background in business studies, demonstrate an adaptation of business principles, and demonstrate problem solving, critical thinking, and leadership skills.This scholarship is awarded to a student, completing their graduation year of secondary education, and preparing to enter a post-secondary institution.
- Must be registered as a full-time student in a first-year program of a post-secondary school by September following the school year of applications
- Must provide an official document from their academic institution confirming that they are accepted for the following academic year and indicating that a diploma or degree is underway
- Must have sponsorship from an educator that knows the applicant at the same school (secondary school), and a reference letter from him/her
- Must include a motivational letter outlining your reasons for application, your goals, and relevant background
- Must provide an up-to-date transcript of their academic records.
- Must submit a resume.
Value: $1000 will be awarded to one student in the Miramichi Region (MVHS, JMH, NSER, BHS and Carrefour Beausoleil).
Funding: The funding for this scholarship will result from the revenue of Chamber sponsored events and membership fees.
Payment & Presentation: Presentation of the scholarship will be made at the awarded recipient’s high school graduation ceremony by a Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee member. Payment will be presented to the recipient once they have received confirmation of enrollment for their second semester of post-secondary education.
Issue: Payment for the student will be arranged by the Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce at the beginning of the recipient’s second semester of post-secondary education.
Selection Committee: All applications will come straight to the Chamber of Commerce; the Selection Committee will choose the final recipient. Criteria for selection may include an interview between the applicant and the selection committee.
- Academic achievement
- Financial circumstance
- Field of study/program registered (i.e. students attending business related programs will be given priority consideration)
- Motivational Letter outlining career aspirations
- Awards/declarations/ recognition/ commendations
- Volunteer work/dedication to the community
Application Deadline: May 29th, 2016
Forward all applications to:
MCC Scholarship Program
P.O Box 342
For more information please contact the Chamber's office.
Posted: March 22, 2016
$1,000.00 Scholarship - due April 22, 2016
Credit Counselling Services of Atlantic Canada, Inc. (CCSAC) is holding a scholarship competition open to residents of Atlantic Canada (regardless of age) who will be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program for the 2016-2017 academic year. Applications are accepted in both French and English.
1. The applicant must intend to enroll in an accredited institution for the 2016-2017 academic years. The winning essay applicants will be required to provide proof of acceptance and enrollment.
2. The essay must be the applicant’s original work and be no more than 500 words in length.
3. Submissions must be typewritten or computer-generated on white paper with double spacing. They must have at least 1" margins all around, and use 12 pt. font.
4. The applicant’s name, address, location or other identifying information MUST NOT be included in the essay. Identifying information should only appear on the application entry form.
5. Identifying information on those who are interviewed MUST NOT be included in the essay. In the essay include the title of the person you spoke to (i.e. your dad, your banker) and the area of advice that they gave you. In the essay do not include their name and do not include information that will indicate geographic region (i.e. instead of principal of Sackville High, just state principal). Identifying information must only appear on the application entry form.
6. Materials must be postmarked, regular delivery, no later than April 22, 2016. Mail received after the deadline may not be accepted.
7. Do not contact the judges concerning this competition. Blind judging will be done on regional levels. Do not contact the scholarship chairperson beyond asking for clarification of the rules. Such contact may disqualify you from the competition.
8. Previous recipients of the CCSAC Scholarship, employees and board members of CCSAC and their families are not eligible for this contest.
Posted: March 22, 2016
The Sweet Caroline Foundation is offering a scholarship competition open to residents of New Brunswick (regardless of age) who will be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program for the 2016-2017 academic year.
The applicant must be enrolled in an accredited institution for the 2016-2017 academic year. The winning essay applicants will be required to provide proof of acceptance and enrollment.
The applicant does not need to have food allergies to be eligible to apply, however; must have a strong understanding of food allergies and be involved in raising awareness and educating others.
Selected recipients will demonstrate a strong commitment and creative approach to raising awareness and educating other about life threatening allergies.
A 500 word essay must be included along with the application and should include how the applicant has raised awareness and educated others about allergies and anaphylaxis, whom the applicant has reached through their efforts and how long the applicant has been involved in raising awareness.
Submissions must be computer-generated on white paper with double spacing. They must have must have at least 1” margins all around, and use a 12 point font.
The applicant’s name, address, location or other identifying information MUST NOT be included in the essay. Identifying information should only appear on the application entry form.
Materials must be postmarked, regular delivery, no later than May 15, 2016.
Do not contact the judges concerning this competition. Blind judging will be done.
Only submissions that conform to the guidelines will be considered. Submissions may be posted on the Sweet Caroline Facebook Page or Website, or mailed to Sweet Caroline Foundation, PO Box 4582, Rothesay NB,E2E 5X3. Winners will be notified by the end of June 2016. If awarded, proof of enrolment in the 2016-2017 academic year must be provided to receive the scholarship amount.
Posted: March 16, 2016
Deadline - April 1, 2016
IWK Research Services is proud to announce that we will be offering a new scholarship to Maritime students.
To be considered for one of three Future Health Research and Innovation Scholarships, grade 12 students in the Maritimes must intend on continuing their education at a Maritime post-secondary institution (college or university) in a field that will enhance research and/or innovation in health care.
Awards will be issued as follows:
- One in Nova Scotia
- One in New Brunswick
- One in Prince Edward Island
The scoring criteria are a follows
- Essay - 50%
- Letters of Reference - 25%
- Transcripts - 25%
Students must write an essay (3 pages max, double spaced, 12 point font) demonstrating their interest in research and/or innovation in health care and how it will improve the health and well being of children, women or families in the Maritimes. Students must provide one academic and one character letter of reference. Lastly students must provide their academic stranscripts and have a minimum average of 75%
Applications can be submitted to:
IWK Health Centre
5850/5980 University Ave
Halifax, NS B3K 6R8
Attention Denise DesLauriers, Research Services
For more information, phone 902.470.7548 or email email@example.com
Posted: March 4, 2016
One graduate, from each of the following schools, J.M.H; MVHS; NSER; Blackville & Carrefour Beausoleil will be eligible to receive a $2000 scholarships.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- be a 2016 High School Graduate
- be registered in a program at a University, College, or Trade School for the next school year
- maintain a minimum average of 75%
To be considered for this scholarship you must provide:
- a fully completed and signed application form, including the expenses and income information
- 2 letters of reference from a volunteer work supervisor
- a copy of your most recent school transcript
- a copy of your letter of acceptance from your University, College or Trade School
Application deadline is May 2, 2016.
Applications may be scanned & emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , postal mailed or delivered in person to:
Big Brothers Big Sisters Boys & Girls Club
115 Maher St
Posted: March 4, 2016
Northumberland Cooperative Limited is pleased to announce they will be offering three (3) scholarships to students entering a post secondary program in the fall. The scholarships have been named to honour the work of Charles Butler and William Vickers, two men who made outstanding contributions to the development and growth of Northumberland Cooperative Limited.
The scholarships are valued at $1000.00 each. Application deadline is June 30, 2016.
In order to apply students must be entering a post secondary educational program in September, 2016. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement, extra-curricular or community participation and need. Consideration will be given to those entering careers in agriculture or related industries.
Application forms are available by contacting the Human Resources Department @ 506-627-7696 or email: email@example.com
Posted: March 1, 2016
Bursary Application Guidelines
The applicant must be:
1. Graduating from:
¨ Miramichi Valley High School
¨ Carrefour Beausoleil
¨ James M. Hill High School
¨ Blackville High School
¨ North and South Esk Regional
2. Entering University or Community College with a preference in Social Sciences
The following criteria will be
2. Involvement in the community and extra curricular activities
Application forms are available at the guidance office of any school listed (ALSO ATTACHEDabove or at the Schizophrenia Society of New Brunswick – Miramichi Chapter.
Applications must be received by May 25th.
Posted: March 1, 2016
Posted: February 19, 2016
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at Dal will be opening its doors to prospective students on March 4th and 8th. They are invited to sit in on sample lectures, connect with professors and current students, participate in a campus tour and learn where a degree in the arts and social sciences can take them.
Complete event details and registration can be found online at www.dal.ca/connect