Posted: December 13, 2016
Periods 1,2,3 and 4 Test on Wednesday.
Chapter 7 – “Shadows and Tall Trees”
decorum (p.110) crestfallen (p.117) brooding (p.118) enterprise (p.122)
apprehension (p.113) traverses (p.116) daunting (p.119) impervious (p.121)
1. What specifically is Ralph finding disturbing about himself and the island?
2. What reassurance does Simon give Ralph about his future?
3. A) How does Ralph feel when he manages to wound the boar on the hunt?
B) Does this reaction surprise you? Would it surprise Golding?
C) What is the symbolic meaning of the game the boys play with Robert?
4. Why does Ralph want to postpone the trip to the mountain?
5. Who volunteers to go back alone through the jungle to look after Piggy and the littluns? Why isn’t this a surprise?
6. What do they see on the mountain and why do they run?