Posted: March 29, 2016
To promote the importance of entrepreneurial thinking, and recognize achievements in business-related studies. The ideal applicant would have a background in business studies, demonstrate an adaptation of business principles, and demonstrate problem solving, critical thinking, and leadership skills.This scholarship is awarded to a student, completing their graduation year of secondary education, and preparing to enter a post-secondary institution.
- Must be registered as a full-time student in a first-year program of a post-secondary school by September following the school year of applications
- Must provide an official document from their academic institution confirming that they are accepted for the following academic year and indicating that a diploma or degree is underway
- Must have sponsorship from an educator that knows the applicant at the same school (secondary school), and a reference letter from him/her
- Must include a motivational letter outlining your reasons for application, your goals, and relevant background
- Must provide an up-to-date transcript of their academic records.
- Must submit a resume.
Value: $1000 will be awarded to one student in the Miramichi Region (MVHS, JMH, NSER, BHS and Carrefour Beausoleil).
Funding: The funding for this scholarship will result from the revenue of Chamber sponsored events and membership fees.
Payment & Presentation: Presentation of the scholarship will be made at the awarded recipient’s high school graduation ceremony by a Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee member. Payment will be presented to the recipient once they have received confirmation of enrollment for their second semester of post-secondary education.
Issue: Payment for the student will be arranged by the Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce at the beginning of the recipient’s second semester of post-secondary education.
Selection Committee: All applications will come straight to the Chamber of Commerce; the Selection Committee will choose the final recipient. Criteria for selection may include an interview between the applicant and the selection committee.
- Academic achievement
- Financial circumstance
- Field of study/program registered (i.e. students attending business related programs will be given priority consideration)
- Motivational Letter outlining career aspirations
- Awards/declarations/ recognition/ commendations
- Volunteer work/dedication to the community
Application Deadline: May 29th, 2016
Forward all applications to:
MCC Scholarship Program
P.O Box 342
For more information please contact the Chamber's office.