Posted: November 12, 2021
Hi everyone. I hope you had a restful Remembrance Day.
Today’s assignment is to continue working on your business letter.
On Wednesday, I asked you to complete steps 3 and 4 of the writing process outlined below. Today I would like you to work on step 5 – editing your letter.
1. Select the purpose of your letter.
2. Preplanning: List all the items you can speak about regarding this topic.
3. Number the items in the order you would like to present them.
4. Begin drafting your letter.
5. Edit your letter.
6. Prepare a typed final copy.
To properly edit your writing, you should go through the following checklist:
- Ø All my sentences are correct, and I’ve used the proper punctuation.
- Ø All words are spelled correctly.
- Ø I’ve capitalized all proper nouns.
- Ø My word choice is professional and grade appropriate.
- Ø I’ve read my letter aloud to ensure I have not overused any words and my sentences flow nicely.
If you experience any difficulties, please reach out to me so I can offer some assistance.
In addition to your letter writing, I would like you to also spend fifteen minutes reading your personal novel.
- If you happen to finish off your novel, perhaps you can pick up another one at the local library or borrow a book from a friend or family member.
Enjoy your day and have a nice weekend. I hope to see you soon!
Important Note: It is necessary that you go onto Teams each day at the beginning of English class and send me a notification. This will inform me that you have seen the day’s assignment(s) and I will be able to record your attendance. I also dedicate this hour to working with your class and answering any questions you may have.