Posted: April 9, 2020
Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-49UNLaqG5E&feature=youtu.be
Here is the recipe for the Glazed Ham:
1 5-6lb smoked shank ham
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup honey
2/3 cup margarine, melted
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 F.
2. Score ham and place cloves in intersections of the lines.
3. Mix together brown sugar, honey and margarine.
4. Brush half of the glaze mixture over the ham.
5. Place the ham in a roasting pan with a rack.
6. Cook the ham for 2 hrs, basting every 15-20 minutes and adding the remaining glaze after one hour.
7. Remove from oven, let cool, carve and enjoy!
A few things I would like you to do:
1. Define score as a cooking term.
2. Sometimes the fat and rind (skin) will be removed before cooking the ham, what would be the benefit of NOT removing it?
3. Define basting.
4. What is the purpose of basting the ham as it cooks?
Send your answers to my e-mail or on the Instagram account!