Here is the link to the video!
Butter Chicken, Rice & Flatbread
4 chicken breasts
½ cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp garam masala
½ tsp chili powder
1 tbsp ginger
1 tsp cumin
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup warm water
1 tsp yeast
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 – 2 ½ cups flour
2 cups water
1 cup long grain rice
Butter Chicken Sauce:
1 cup tomato passata
1 tbsp sugar
1 ¼ tsp salt
1 cup cream
Green onion for garnish
1. Cut up chicken breasts into 1 inch chunks and place in Tupperware container.
2. In a bowl, mix all other ingredients together. Add mixture to chicken, mix well so that all chicken is coated evenly.
3. Place container in the fridge overnight.
1. Place warm water and yeast in a bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Mix in oil and salt.
3. Add flour, one cup at a time.
4. Knead dough on floured surface for 5 minutes. Form into a smooth ball.
5. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes, until doubled in size.
6. Cut ball of dough into 6 equal pieces.
7. Roll out each piece very thin and dry fry in a frying pan on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
1. Bring water to boil. Add rice.
2. Turn burner to low, cover rice and let sit for 20 minutes.
1. Add marinated chicken to frying pan on medium heat and let cook for 10 minutes.
2. Once chicken is cooked add tomato passata, sugar, salt and cream.
3. Let cook covered for 10 minutes, then uncovered for another 5-10 minutes.
4. Plate chicken with rice and flat bread! ENJOY
A few things I would like you to do:
1. What is turmeric? What are the health benefits of turmeric?
2. What blend of spices is garam masala?
3. What does it mean to dry fry?
Send your answers to my e-mail or on the Instagram account!