Posted: April 14, 2020
500 ml flour
15 ml baking powder 3 ml salt
15 ml sugar
80 ml shortening 200 ml milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix to distribute evenly.
3. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender or fork until it resembles fine crumbs.
4. Make a “well” in the center of the mixture and add milk.
5. Mix with a fork until dough can be formed into a soft ball.
6. Pat down until about 1.5 cm thick.
7. Using a round cutter cut dough into 4 pieces. Roll into a ball again and pat down. Cut out 3 more biscuits. Roll remaining dough into a ball, pat down to make one more biscuit.
8. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
A few things I would like you to do:
1. Identify the yield, preparation procedures, and cook time and temperature.
2. What is the purpose of the baking powder in this recipe?
3. What is the purpose of the sugar in this recipe?
4. This recipe gives you the measurements in milliliters, convert the measurements into imperial (cups, teaspoons, tablespoons).
5. What smallwares (small kitchen equipment) do you require to make this recipe?
Send your answers to my e-mail or on the Instagram account!