Posted: April 27, 2020
Glazed Cinnamon Rolls (Yield: 12)
For the Dough:
2 cups flour
¼ cup white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt (optional)
½ cup shortening
½ cup milk
For the Filling:
¼ cup margarine
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
For the Glaze:
2 tsp milk
2 tsp margarine
¼ tsp vanilla
½ cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease pan (may use cookie sheet, square pan or muffin tin).
2. In a medium size bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Stir above ingredients with a wooden spoon to blend evenly.
4. Using a pastry blender, cut-in shortening until it resembles cornmeal.
5. Set mixture aside.
6. In a 1 cup (250 ml) liquid measuring cup add ½ cup (125 ml) milk.
7. Stir in 1 egg and beat using a fork.
8. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined.
9. Form dough into a ball.
10. Lightly dust a cutting board with flour.
11. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and roll with a rolling pin into a rectangular shape size approximately 12” x 18” (25 x45 cm). Dough should be rolled fairly thin.
12. Melt ½ square of margarine in a glass measure.
13. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon.
14. Spread melted margarine over the rolled dough and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
15. Roll the dough like a jelly roll. Seal edges. Cut into 12 equal portions. (Cut roll in half. Cut each piece in half again. Cut these four pieces in three each.)
16. Place in a greased pan muffin tin with the cut sides up.
17. Bake approximately 15 min at 375°F or until golden brown.
18. For the glaze, Mix 2 tsp milk, 2 tsp soft margarine, ¼ tsp vanilla and ½ cup icing sugar together. Drizzle over warm baked cinnamon rolls. ENJOY!
For this week, try the recipe out if you can :)