Posted: May 22, 2020
Spicy Crab California Roll
2 cups water
1 cup Calrose rice
1 cup crab meat, chopped
2 tbsp mayonnaise
Siracha, to taste
¼ cup rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 sheet nori
1. Bring water to a boil.
2. Rinse and drain rice. Add to boiling water and stir.
3. Cover rice, turn heat to low and let cook for 18-20 minutes.
4. While rice id cooking, chop crab meat into small pieces, add mayonnaise and siracha.
5. Cut peeled cucumber and avocado into ¼ inch batons.
6. In a small bowl, add rice vinegar and sugar. Cook on high in microwave for 1 minute to dissolve sugar.
7. Add vinegar mixture to cooked rinse and fluff with a fork. Let rice cool.
8. Place a piece of saran wrap on your counter and place half of a sheet of nori onto the saran wrap.
9. Spread ½ cup of the rice over the nori, spreading it about an inch over top of the nori.
10. Place, cucumber, avocado and crab meat in a line across the rice.
11. Roll the roll tightly and seal with the saran wrap, refrigerate for 1 hour.
12. Using a sharp knife, slice the roll into ¾-1 inch pieces.
13. Serve with soya sauce, mayo an siracha mixture, wasabi and pickled ginger
A few things I would like you to do:
1. Why is Calrose rice used in this recipe?
2. What different fillings can you use in a California roll? What would you prefer?
Send your answers to my e-mail or on the Instagram account!