Posted: May 7, 2020
3-4 haddock fillets
1 cup flour (dredge) + 1 cup flour (batter)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 1/3 cup milk
1. Peel, Rinse and cut up potatoes into fries.
2. Bake in oven for 45-60 minutes on parchment paper lined baking sheet at 300 F.
3. Preheat deep fryer to 190 C/375 F.
4. Cut fillets into 3 pieces each.
5. Place flour in a small bowl for dredging.
6. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, egg and milk.
7. Lightly dredge each piece of fish in the flour, coat in batter, then gently place the fish into the deep fryer.
8. Let cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
9. Transfer to paper towel when done.
10. When fries are finished in the oven, fry at the same temperature with the basket for approximately 2 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
11. Serve with Tartar Sauce & Coleslaw (recipes below) and ENJOY!
A few things I would like you to do:
1. What is the purpose of dredging the fish before coating in batter?
2. What is the safe internal temperature of fish?
3. What kind of cooking is deep frying? Dry cooking, moist cooking or combination cooking?
4. What is happening when food is frying?
Send your answers to my e-mail or on the Instagram account!
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 ½ tbsp Relish
1 tsp Mustard
1 tsp Lemon juice
Mix all ingredients together!
1 bag cabbage mix
Mix together sauce:
1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp reg vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp mustard
1/4 cup mayo
1 tbsp sugar
Add sauce to cabbage mix and let sit overnight or at least a few hours.