Posted: October 30, 2019
Welcome To Our Page
Posted: October 28, 2019
Dramatic/ Theatre Arts: As we look at acting componets we must first look at your taste in movies/Tv shows. So we will spend a couple of days building a powerpoint that will be presented to the class. Choose you top 5 best and 5 worst films. Be able to explain why they are good or bad in your opinion. You may talk about any aspect that you feel supports your argument. Due on Wednesday October 30th, 2019. The mark here is a presentation skill. Pair up with someone you have not worked with or choose to do it individually.
Posted: October 2, 2019
Period 2- History students are working on their projects over the next couple of days.
Period 3- 5 students are working on an online course – they put finished materials in their file folders.
Period 4- Psychology students are working on research for their projects over the next couple of day
Period 5- Drama students are working on an artist profile assignment over the next couple of days.- Usually 2-3 pages. Cite sources and NO PLAGERISM- due on Monday- here are some ideas.
· Individual work
· Choose an actor
· Write a bio of that actor- Where did this person come from? Training? Their story?
· Discuss awards and failures
· Highs and lows in personal life
· Who are their inspirations?
· Other work besides acting- directing, business, productions
· What about charities that they work with?
· Other passions that they have
· What do you admire about this actor- why do you like him/her?
· Discuss their acting style- talk about them in a scene and explain what makes them good.
· What future roles do you see for this actor?
Posted: June 4, 2019
Psychology final assignment: Don't make this long- 2 pages please. (Routed in fact and research)
We have spent the entire semester looking at some of the components of psychology:
- Roles of Psychology and the schools of thought (Watson, Rogers, Freud, Seligman)
- Parts of the brain
- How we perceive and receive information
- Projects that included - social; Psychology
- We learned about cognition and intelligences
- Classical Conditioning (Ivan Pavlov)
- Operant Conditioning (B F Skinner)
- Developmental Psychologist (Erik Erikson, Carl Rogers, Alfred Adler, Abraham Maslow)
- Personality (Freud, Watson)
- Stress and anxiety (cognitive therapy)
- we wrote journals to support our ideas- (These were researched by articles)
Now we answer two questions: Who am I? Why am I the way I am?
This simply means to take a hard look at oneself. Use the research and material you have learned and take your best guess to understand you.
Where do I start?
- Step 1- Write a profile of yourself- who are you?- Personality traits, thought process.
- Step 2- use psychologist to explain why you are that way- For example you could explain that behaviourist believe that the environment shapes us through our experiences- so show me this. I am outgoing because at a young age my parents encouraged me to have large friend groups. I performed for people at a young age. I was taught to speak using "adult speech.
- Step 3- how do I display this information- what is my strongest intelligence?- Art? I will design something that shows someone who I am.
- Step 4- Give it to Gopee
- step 5- Celebrate because you are done.
Posted: May 22, 2019
Psychology make up test Assignement is due on May 30th.
Posted: May 14, 2019
Psychological disorders Projects
Now that you have been taught various psychological theories and concepts, it is time to put them to the test. This last project will center on your accumulated knowledge and research. Make sure you follow each step:
Step #1: choose who you will work with. Choose a partner who has similar intelligences or choose to work on your own. (Maximum group size is 3- however make sure that there is evidence that the work was needed for 3 people.) (5 marks)- Do this day one to get the marks
Step #2:Choose a psychological disorder: These may include personality disorders, fears, Moods or whatever. There are many so first come first serve on your topic. Simply tell your teacher and you are good to go. (5 marks)- do this day one to get the marks
Step #3: How will this be presented? This is why you choose a similar intelligence type. You will now design your presentation according to your intelligence. For example if you are good at art, you may consider drawing, or musicians may want to do music video. Really the format is up to you. It is important that you do not do something to simply “get it done” but choose according to your intelligence to get it done well. (5 marks) Due on day 1- or Day 2 to get marks
Step #4: Your will be required to present your information. Explain what you have done and what you have learned. Please include this list of content: (50 marks)
· Explain the disorder (History, classification, discoveries and the new information)
· What do various Psychologist believe about it- (Behaviorist/humanistic/Freud ect.)
· Testing – (How are these diagnosed?)
· Determine treatment- show evidence of other tests (Some cannot be treated)
· Include a case study
Step #5: The project (Your structure, presentation, video, whatever you decided to do.)- This is a mark based on the quality of the end product. Includes marks on organization, knowledge of content and presentation skills (15 marks)
Step #6: Journal related to your disorder (10 marks)
Step #7:You will get marked on your work ethic. Wasted time means less of a mark. These include improper use of devices and useless web searches. (10 marks)