Posted: September 9, 2019
Welcome To Our Page
Posted: June 4, 2019
Psychology final assignment: Don't make this long- 2 pages please. (Routed in fact and research)
We have spent the entire semester looking at some of the components of psychology:
- Roles of Psychology and the schools of thought (Watson, Rogers, Freud, Seligman)
- Parts of the brain
- How we perceive and receive information
- Projects that included - social; Psychology
- We learned about cognition and intelligences
- Classical Conditioning (Ivan Pavlov)
- Operant Conditioning (B F Skinner)
- Developmental Psychologist (Erik Erikson, Carl Rogers, Alfred Adler, Abraham Maslow)
- Personality (Freud, Watson)
- Stress and anxiety (cognitive therapy)
- we wrote journals to support our ideas- (These were researched by articles)
Now we answer two questions: Who am I? Why am I the way I am?
This simply means to take a hard look at oneself. Use the research and material you have learned and take your best guess to understand you.
Where do I start?
- Step 1- Write a profile of yourself- who are you?- Personality traits, thought process.
- Step 2- use psychologist to explain why you are that way- For example you could explain that behaviourist believe that the environment shapes us through our experiences- so show me this. I am outgoing because at a young age my parents encouraged me to have large friend groups. I performed for people at a young age. I was taught to speak using "adult speech.
- Step 3- how do I display this information- what is my strongest intelligence?- Art? I will design something that shows someone who I am.
- Step 4- Give it to Gopee
- step 5- Celebrate because you are done.
Posted: May 22, 2019
Psychology make up test Assignement is due on May 30th.
Posted: May 14, 2019
Psychological disorders Projects
Now that you have been taught various psychological theories and concepts, it is time to put them to the test. This last project will center on your accumulated knowledge and research. Make sure you follow each step:
Step #1: choose who you will work with. Choose a partner who has similar intelligences or choose to work on your own. (Maximum group size is 3- however make sure that there is evidence that the work was needed for 3 people.) (5 marks)- Do this day one to get the marks
Step #2:Choose a psychological disorder: These may include personality disorders, fears, Moods or whatever. There are many so first come first serve on your topic. Simply tell your teacher and you are good to go. (5 marks)- do this day one to get the marks
Step #3: How will this be presented? This is why you choose a similar intelligence type. You will now design your presentation according to your intelligence. For example if you are good at art, you may consider drawing, or musicians may want to do music video. Really the format is up to you. It is important that you do not do something to simply “get it done” but choose according to your intelligence to get it done well. (5 marks) Due on day 1- or Day 2 to get marks
Step #4: Your will be required to present your information. Explain what you have done and what you have learned. Please include this list of content: (50 marks)
· Explain the disorder (History, classification, discoveries and the new information)
· What do various Psychologist believe about it- (Behaviorist/humanistic/Freud ect.)
· Testing – (How are these diagnosed?)
· Determine treatment- show evidence of other tests (Some cannot be treated)
· Include a case study
Step #5: The project (Your structure, presentation, video, whatever you decided to do.)- This is a mark based on the quality of the end product. Includes marks on organization, knowledge of content and presentation skills (15 marks)
Step #6: Journal related to your disorder (10 marks)
Step #7:You will get marked on your work ethic. Wasted time means less of a mark. These include improper use of devices and useless web searches. (10 marks)
Posted: May 1, 2019
Psychology: Quiz is on Monday- Please complete the review as part of the test.
Law 120: Please review a civil law case and write a report about it. Include the following things:
- Choose a case study (Try to keep it Canadian if you can)
- Summary of the case- (outcome and the particulars that supported the outcome) (In your own words)
- Personal thoughts about the case.
- Use at 20 words (From the powerpoint) to show your understanding of the case. Please underline and bold these words as you discuss your case report.
- Use at leaset 3 different sources to get more information about your case- research skills. Cite these sources.
- 2 pages please
- Due on Tuesday May 7th, 2019.
Posted: April 25, 2019
Psychology: students will research BF skinner and operant conditioning. Answer the following questions: Who is BF skinner? what is operant conditioning? Give a practical example seem in the world today. And compare it to classical conditioning.- 1 page in length.
Law: students will look at a civil crime. These are crimes that deal with conflicts between people and organizations. Examine these questions: What is a lawsuit? What is a class action lawsuit? When do they happen? Give an example of “damages” and discuss a case in civil crime.
Mindfulness: please have students continue their work in their mindfulness scripts.
Posted: April 2, 2019
Law students are designing presentations to show their understanding of forensic science.
- They will build a creative presentation- about 10-15 minutes in length
- Teach one component to class
- Have a class activity to engage class
- Be able to answer questions from the class
- Talk about a time when their chosen topic was instrumental in solving a case.
- Due on Thursday April 11th, 2019