Psychology: Students have been working on Personality. Tell students I will finish the PowerPoint tomorrow. However, after this unit we will be doing a small project on personality profiling. They will need to choose a fictional character and develop a personality and Psychological profile of the person. Here are some questions to get us started. They can begin working on this.
1. A brief description of your fictional character- how do we know this person, TV? Movie and what do we know about them? (Usually a couple of paragraphs.
2. What unique characteristics do we know about this person (Example- Scooby doo- likes to eat, will eat anything, feels the need to communicate, is afraid of everything, acts like a human not like his natural persona, very enthusiastic, trustworthy, comical, edgy ect.)
3. Document what experiences that he /she may have that contributes to his behavior (why is scooby so scared- experience with Ghost, life in jeopardy ect)
4. What types of disorders could be present?
5. How do we address these disorders?
6. Environmental factors that developed this personality (Reciprocal determinism)
7. Psychologist approach- Freud, Jung, Adler, Erikson, Maslow, Watson, Carl Rogers.
9. Internal Lotus of control vs external lotus of control (Social-Cognitive theory)
10. Trait theory approach- what traits does the subject show.
You may wish to walk through Freud's defense mechanisms in a situation for that person (example of Brandon and Jasmisne break up.)