Posted: January 17, 2018
Welcome To Our Page
Posted: January 16, 2018
Psychology review posted
Posted: December 6, 2017
Psychology: Students have been working on Personality. Tell students I will finish the PowerPoint tomorrow. However, after this unit we will be doing a small project on personality profiling. They will need to choose a fictional character and develop a personality and Psychological profile of the person. Here are some questions to get us started. They can begin working on this.
1. A brief description of your fictional character- how do we know this person, TV? Movie and what do we know about them? (Usually a couple of paragraphs.
2. What unique characteristics do we know about this person (Example- Scooby doo- likes to eat, will eat anything, feels the need to communicate, is afraid of everything, acts like a human not like his natural persona, very enthusiastic, trustworthy, comical, edgy ect.)
3. Document what experiences that he /she may have that contributes to his behavior (why is scooby so scared- experience with Ghost, life in jeopardy ect)
4. What types of disorders could be present?
5. How do we address these disorders?
6. Environmental factors that developed this personality (Reciprocal determinism)
7. Psychologist approach- Freud, Jung, Adler, Erikson, Maslow, Watson, Carl Rogers.
9. Internal Lotus of control vs external lotus of control (Social-Cognitive theory)
10. Trait theory approach- what traits does the subject show.
You may wish to walk through Freud's defense mechanisms in a situation for that person (example of Brandon and Jasmisne break up.)
Posted: November 27, 2017
Period 1: Psychology 120- Students will do an article research over the next two days to examine personality. They need to research the following names: Sigmund Freud, Eric Erikson, Abraham Maslow and Alfred Adler. Please indicate how each of these view personality. - (1-2 Paragraphs each) include a study to support your information. (Will be about 2 pages in length)
Part 2: Students will then research their prospective job or one that they are interested. Examine the occupation to determine the best personality type for the job and explain why. (1 page in length)
Period 2: :Law 120- Mock trial begins
Period 3- Reading tutor: Taught by students- Leslie Ann and Hailey. Simply make notes on their teaching and lesson. Show announcements.
Period 4: prep
Period 5- Study Block
Period 6: Music in will be in this classroom as well. Students will do an artist profile on their favorite artist. They will begin this week and have 3 days to complete. Here are some guided questions:
1. Short bio of your artist/band (1 page)
2. How did they/he/she get into music?
6. Media- article about your artist in the news
7. Genre of music that they play- describe their voice and style (what makes them great)
8. Choose one of their songs and talk about it. What does it mean? How does the music tell the story ect.
9. Cite all your work.
Posted: November 7, 2017
Psychology: We have just concluded our study on Operant and classical conditioning. There will be a test on Thursday this week. The attachment below outlines what is on the test.
Law 120: Students are working on forensic science. Quiz is on Thursday as well.
Reading tutor: Hanna and Morgan are teaching
Music: Jazz Music Journal started today.
Posted: October 27, 2017
Psychology: Law of Effects/Thordick, BF skinner- Perant conditioning
Law: Crime and Police
Reading tutor: Active Living week
Music: Students are playing up to section 20 this week- whole notes , half notes, and rests introduced.