Here's a link to today's video:
2-4 russet potatoes
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp garlic butter
1 tsp parsley
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven at 400 F.
2. Chop potatoes into cubes.
3. In a bowl, add oil and spices to potatoes.
4. Place potatoes on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vinegar
1 cup butter or margarine
Pinch of salt
Pepper to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
For the Eggs Benedict:
2-4 slices back bacon or ham
1 english muffin
pinch of salt & pepper
splash of vinegar (approx. 1-2 tbsp)
1. Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Meanwhile, put margarine in a separate pot on medium heat to melt.
2. Place egg yolks and vinegar in a glass bowl.
3. Place glass bowl over the saucepan of boiling water.
4. Whisk constantly until thicker, light and foamy.
5. As you continue whisking, add melted margarine, a couple tablespoon at a time, making sure to mix well in between additions.
6. While continuing to whisk, add salt, pepper, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. Fry bacon or ham.
8. Toast English muffin.
9. Bring 4 cups water to a light boil, add pinch of salt, pepper and a splash of vinegar.
10. While waiting for water to boil, place each piece of English muffin on plate topped with bacon.
11. Once the water is boiling, lower the heat and create a whirlpool in the pot.
12. Crack egg into a small glass bowl and gently place the egg into the whirling water. A part of the bowl should touch the water.
13. Let egg cook for 3-4 minutes, remove from water and place on paper towel to soak up access water.
14. Place eggs on top of bacon. Top eggs with Hollandaise sauce!
15. Remove potatoes from the oven, add to plate and ENJOY!
A few things I would like you to do:
1. What is happening when you whip something? Why, in this particular recipe, must you continuously whip your egg yolks?
2. What is the purpose of putting a splash of vinegar in with your water when poaching an egg?
3. How long should you poach an egg if you want it poached soft? Poached medium? Poached hard?
Send your answers to my e-mail or on the Instagram account!