Posted: May 18, 2016
Welcome To Our Page
Posted: May 12, 2016
Sorry, folks! It must not have uploaded!
The assignment for today and tomorrow is attached. Have a great weekend & see you Monday! :)
Posted: May 9, 2016
Please be sure you have all of the following assignments passed in by the end of the day Tuesday:
Five Sectors Assignment
Student Travel Assignment
Careers in the Industry Assignment #1
Posted: April 25, 2016
1 - Ty, Hillary, Shaylee
2 - Rifqa, Jordan, Alex
Recreation and Entertainment:
1 - Natalie, Robin
2 - Abbey, Lilianne, Katelyn
Food and Beverage:
1 - Chad, Zoe, Jordan
2 - Bailey Alexa, Josie
1 - Kim, Amber
2 - Bailey, Sydney, Kaitlin
1 - Jamie, Caitlin, Tyler
2 - Sam, Josh, Jarett
Posted: April 5, 2016
Your task today & tomorrow is to complete the following:
1. Impact of Tourism sheet with a partner. (worksheet)
2. Scavenger Hunt of New Brunswick. ON YOUR OWN. (attached)
On Thursday, we will be doing a quiz on the following topics:
1) Scenic Drives of New Brunswick
2) Map of New Brunswick (Cities & Scenic Drives)
3) Traveler Types (Your OWN)
4) Map of Canada (Provinces)
5) 8 Sectors of Hospitality & Tourism
6) Impact of Tourism on economy, environment, and cultural awareness
7) Tourism opportunities of New Brunswick, including festivals (review your assignments)
Posted: March 23, 2016
Here is a list of assignments that we have done so far:
1. Travel Word Cloud (Feb 10 - Unit 1 Part 1)
2. Scenic Drive Assignment (Feb 11 - Unit 1 Part 2)
3. Weekend Itinerary (Scenic Drives & Traveler Type) (Feb 15)
4. "What Do You Know About New Brunswick" Sheet
5. "What do you know about your Community" Sheet
6. Internet Research Assignment (March 14)
7. St. Patrick's Day in Ireland (March 16)
8. Eight Sectors of Hospitality & Tourism Collage (March 22)
Posted: March 22, 2016
Eight Sectors of the Hospitality & Tourism Industry
· Adventure Tourism and Recreation
· Events and Conferences
· Food and Beverage
· Tourism Services
· Travel Trade
Accommodation: The hospitality and tourism division that provides lodging. Accommodation can be classified by the size, price, location and services offered.
Examples: Hotels, conference centers, bed and breakfasts, RV parks and institutions.
Adventure Tourism and Recreation: The hospitality and tourism division that provides outdoor, wilderness and recreational activities and includes eco-tourism.
Examples: Dog sledding, fishing, hiking, heli-skiing and canoeing.
Attractions: The hospitality and tourism division that provides entertainment and educational activities. These can be natural or man-made.
Examples: Magnetic Hill, Peggy’s Cove, Acadian Village, gambling and shopping.
Events and Conferences: The hospitality and tourism division that provides an opportunity for people to hold meetings and special activities. **Note: Events and conferences can move from place to place whereas attractions are usually stationary.
Examples: Concerts, seminars, trade shows and AGM’s.
Food and Beverage: The hospitality and tourism division that provides various food and beverage services to the consumer.
Examples: Bars, cafeterias, buffet, catering, airplanes, institutions.
Tourism Services: The hospitality and tourism division that promotes and supports the needs of the travel and tourism industry.
Examples: Visitor information centers, tourism educators, retail operators and banks.
Transportation: The hospitality and tourism division that provides a way for the customer to get to and from a destination. This can be by air, road, rail or water.
Examples: Airplanes, gas stations, ferries, cruise ships, motor coaches, car rentals and taxis.
Travel Trade: The hospitality and tourism division that provides specific services suited to the customers’ needs and wants.
Examples: Online travel agency, tour guides and interpreters.
Assignment: Make a collage of depicting the eight sectors of the hospitality and tourism industry. It must include at least two examples of each sector in the collage. You can use clip art images, magazines, the Internet, drawings that you create, etc.
Using Microsoft Publisher is probably easiest for this assignment. OR you can use Powerpoint.